- El Gaucho Winery—The owners of El Gaucho say they are “kid-enthusiastic,” not just “kid-friendly.” And their winery reflects that welcoming attitude. El Gaucho boasts interactive playscapes for children, including wooden teepees and rock gardens. If you like Argentinian wines (Malbec anyone?), this winery in Spicewood, TX is a must. And if you or the kids get hungry, they offer yummy cured meats, cheeses and little bites.
Singing Waters Vineyard—Driving along Mill Dam Road to arrive at this vineyard is relaxing in and of itself. You quickly feel a world away…until your kids in the back remind you that you’re not. Located in Comfort, TX, Singing Waters is definitely a kid-friendly vineyard. There’s lovely creek out back, plenty of space for kids to run around, fun llamas and goats to watch and even a treehouse!
- Duchman Family Winery—The Duchman Family Winery, in Driftwood, TX, has an outdoor open area for kids to run around in and play cornhole. But know what’s even better? The grownups can sip some wine while kids play on the playground next door at Trattoria Lisina. Fun for everyone!
- Pedernales Cellars—Pedernales Cellars has a large outdoor area for kids and a spacious shaded patio. It’s not as well-outfitted for the littles as some of the other wineries, so I recommend bringing some games. But Pedernales’ red wines are so delicious, you’ll be glad you made the trip to Stonewall, TX.
- Chisholm Trail Winery—This family-friendly winery in Fredericksburg, TX has its very own wood-fired brick pizza oven. This should make any pizza-loving kid smile. There are also horseshoes and checkers. The winery’s pizza kitchen is open Friday-Sunday, so come hungry (and thirsty)!
- Dry Comal Creek Winery—Located in New Braunfels, TX, this winery loves kids. Just not in the tasting room. No matter. They welcome kids to play under the covered patio or big shaded oak trees. There is ample space for running around and comfy Adirondack chairs for the grown-ups.
If you enjoyed this article, please share and subscribe to the LocalKins blog!